ot water / boiler cutting out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have had a Potterton HE Promax, fitted by Brit Gas, no probs 5 years or more. Now problem with kitchen hot water. This is the nearest tap to the boiler. When we turn it on, knocking from boiler & water shuts off. No prob with any other tap in the house. Only works if turned on gradually, but too much flow & boiler knocking again & cuts off. BG engineer agreed with my amateur diag that it must be a faulty tap, which I have now replaced, but fault persists. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
That does sound odd!

Have you tried setting the flow at other taps to equal to that of the kitchen one?

Otherwise a thermal survey inside the boiler would identify the problem IF its inside the boiler.

Tony

thanks Tony. I could set other taps to the same flow but it would reduce them all to a trickle, so not practical. I think it must be inside the boiler... it occurs to me that there could be an airlock, but why only one tap affected?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back