Ouch!

If you really think these Tories are 'the best of a bad bunch', then there's no hope for you. Are you wilfully blind to how far they're going to disrupt and dismantle the British system of democracy? Do you hope to benefit in some way from the crumbs they drop off the table, or do you still look forward to the warm trickle down your upturned faces when you beg 'please sir, cn i haz sum mor?'

Sponsored Links
Bozzer has a few days to make a Churchillian speech, but he never has, even when he IS in the country. He's away.
There can be no repeat voc, but his cabinet can expel him. I doubt they will.

Now Doris' bye-bye election results are in, they can replace him with someone with integrity, start rolling back disasterous policies (Brexit for kick off, start by joining single market, etc) and sort out his $h!tshow.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
If you really think these Tories are 'the best of a bad bunch', then there's no hope for you. Are you wilfully blind to how far they're going to disrupt and dismantle the British system of democracy? Do you hope to benefit in some way from the crumbs they drop off the table, or do you still look forward to the warm trickle down your upturned faces when you beg 'please sir, cn i haz sum mor?'
Do you think Labour, who can barely hold off civil war, would do a better job?
Starmer doesn't know what to do or say for fear of doing or saying the wrong thing.
Half his party despise those who fuel Britain's economy.
Or perhaps the Liberal Democrats who are so ready for government, they can just about fill a coach with their membership.

I'll keep voting for those who take less out of my wallet and fully expect others to do the same. I'd like there to be fewer than 300 MPs and 100 lords, but like joining the EU, nobody serious has that on their manifesto. Meanwhile I go with the ones who screw up my life the least.

Democracy is under threat
No two ways about it IMO

The country needs to take this threat to democracy seriously our way of life is at threat

Skulduggery is afoot
Russians
Nazis

Yes exactly

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Yep, they'll blame everybody and everything except themselves.

Unpopular opinion: Most politicians are good people that want to make the country better.

The ruling Tories are just like an old plumber who's decided that push fit is a good enough solution to most problems, as once he's got his cash he will deny he was ever there.

Starmer doesn't know what to do or say for fear of doing or saying the wrong thing.
Or perhaps the Liberal Democrats who are so ready for government, they can just about fill a coach with their membership.

I'll keep voting for those who take less out of my wallet and fully expect others to do the same. I'd like there to be fewer than 300 MPs and 100 lords, but like joining the EU, nobody serious has that on their manifesto. Meanwhile I go with the ones who screw up my life the least.
Both sides are in a constant state of tension in either party and if you're comfortable voting for Tories then good luck to you. A Liberal is just a wet Tory after a vasectomy.

Me?

Not bragging.

I think we could all see the way things were going with banks in particular but also the High Street in general.

They'll be gone come next GE. Governments of any colour can outstay their welcome. Public will want a change.

Mid term protest vote.
conservative leader is a despicable liar, generally recognised to be untrustworthy, who has damaged the country in order to benefit his own career.

No surprise that the country is turning its back on the party stuffed with his supporters.

Just keep chewing that carpet! I'm sure that nurse will be along soon

Johnson got rid of anyone in his party who could present a reasoned alternative to his approach when he culled the pro-European lobby. He then filled his cabinet with a "brains trust" with nary an intelligent idea between them, but who could be guaranteed to back him, whatever he did. In industry they are called yes men, and as you are so keen to draw analogies with industry, it should be noted that almost invariably MDs and chairmen who surround themselves with yes men have a habit of driving their businesses into bankruptcy. Which seems to be where this country is going based on the OECD predictions.

Before you talk up Boris and Co any further, maybe you'd like to take a long hard look at where the pound sits, today. It's $1.23, as opposed to $1.39 in June 2021, for example, and rarely under $1.30 for any of the preceding 5 years) and consider that under the last Labour government, as well as the latter part of the preceding Tory government, and even the early years of the Cameron administration, it sat comfortably above the $1.50 mark for much of 30 years. What doies that say about international confidence in the pound and in Johnson's government?

Sponsored Links
Back