our loveable neigbours across the channel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A U.S. Navy Admiral was attending a naval conference that included admirals from the U.S., English, Canadian, Australian and French navies. At a cocktail reception he found himself standing with a large group of officers that included personnel from most of these countries. Everyone was chatting away in English as they sipped their drinks but a French admiral suddenly complained that, whereas Europeans learn many languages, Americans only learn English. He asked "Why is it that we always have to speak English in these conferences rather than speak French?"
Without hesitating the American admiral replied "Maybe it's because the Brits, Canadians, Aussies and Americans arranged it so you wouldn't have to speak German!"

Sponsored Links
surely you mean "our lovable neighbours across the Atlantic"? Otherwise it would mention that it was the Red Army that defeated Germany in WW2.

this is one of the stories the Americans like to tell about countries that aren't America.

No doubt they're telling stories about the Scots this week.

surely you mean "our lovable neighbours across the Atlantic"? Otherwise it would mention that it was the Red Army that defeated Germany in WW2.

this is one of the stories the Americans like to tell about countries that aren't America.

No doubt they're telling stories about the Scots this week.

?

Sponsored Links
Prince andrew( sub lt) talking to a R.N captain at a ships cocktail party,"hi i`m prince andrew you can call me andy" the captain replies "hi i`m captain mark williams you can call me SIR" :p

Without hesitating the American admiral replied "Maybe it's because the Brits, Canadians, Aussies and Americans arranged it so you wouldn't have to speak German!"

a yank officer would never have included the other countries in a put down like that. he would almost certainly have said "Maybe it's because the USA arranged it so you wouldn't have to speak German!"

Sponsored Links
Back