Outbuilding 30m2 floor area

Its going to be the loft/storage space. Headroom will be less than 1.5m, So I wont be spending much time up there.
I'm liking the idea of the extra front game for several reasons.

1. A decorative triangle window above the bifolds will look cool. As a window fitter/company owner I would like something a little different.
2. A little more headroom/storage area
3. More light into the bottom

Sponsored Links
if you neighbour is so negative perhaps aim the high level windows away from his side and dont put any upper flooring until the inevitable visit brought on by his complaints to the council

Well my little shed is coming along and is finally water tight.
Neighbors did complain to planning but they came out took some measurements and were happy with everything (I was very surprised, I was expecting some arguments about ground levels).

Its probably going to take several months to finish it off (started in November) as I'm just doing it when I have out hours free but once its done something I would like to do is cover the walkway behind and down the sides.

Just a timber frame and poly roof covering the 2m around the building. Infill between the posts with cladding or fence panels and leave the 2 front ends open.
Basically somewhere for me to keep all my ladders and mower and stuff dry.

Is it something I could get away with under PD?

Attachments

• IMG_4020.JPG
    IMG_4020.JPG
    245.9 KB · Views: 190
No replies so I have done a little sketch.
Basically just a covered walkway around the back and sides.
Ideally I would fix the wall plates directly to the shed but I could do a completely independent frame if needs be.

Attachments

• Poly roof.jpg
    Poly roof.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 134
Sponsored Links
No I don't believe you could do that under PD, I think it would be considered to be a veranda which are not PD on outbuildings.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back