Out Building 30m2 floor area internal or external?

Not as funny as you think.
That's because building regs are totally separate and the area relates to fire and thermal efficiency and structure etc which all come under building regs. And the internal floor area is more relevant there.
If you breach the height it's planning, if you breach the allowed area (half the area surrounding the original house) it's also planning, both of those are the external sizes and relate to the appearance and impact on others using the surrounding space.

Well explained..i didnt didn't actually find it funny it was more a figure of speech but thank you for the clarification, makes perfect sense.

Sponsored Links
Well explained..i didnt didn't actually find it funny it was more a figure of speech but thank you for the clarification, makes perfect sense.
Yeah i knew what you meant! I meant it in the same way,i should have said it's not as strange as you think!:)

Sponsored Links
Its a Building Control issue - but yes the guidelines are the same across England I'm sure.
England yes. Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland each have their own but I don't know how the actual Approved Documents differ from England's.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back