Internal or external measurements

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having a summer house delivered which is sold to me as a 5mtrx3mtr building and advertised on the companies website as needing to be 500mm away from all boundaries (ie under 15m2) in the finer print of their paperwork the external measurements are 5.1x3.1 I have looked on the planning portal website, (they refer to all details as "floor area") and anything over 15m2 upto 30m2 needs to be 1000mm away from any boundary, I have emailed the company to clarify and they are saying it goes on INTERNAL dimensions (floor area?), in my case 4.75x2.75 approx, I am struggling to get a firm answer out of the local council as they are only in the office between 8 and 10 and I have yet to get hold of anyone.

in short if they turn up to check are they going to step inside and measure it (all hunky dory)or stay outside and measure it (well up it without a paddle)

Many thanks

Karl

Sponsored Links
Presumably it's the exemption from Building Control you mean?
It's internal floor area they go on.

thanks for the reply, I think its the building regs? would it not need planning permission either ? sorry to sound daft just want to go belts and braces.

Building regs exemptions are based on internal floor areas. The dimensions you quote are well inside.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back