Outbuilding advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am part way through planning quite a bit of landscaping work at home.

On one side of the house I am planning to build a largish outbuilding for use as a gym / storage etc.

To stay away from planning and BC I am sticking to the 30m2 square and 2.5m height rules.

The current land is flat and ready to work on, I’d like to build a very basic rendered block building measuring approx 3m by 10m with a slightly sloping metal roof. I do not need any water, electricity or insulation. I would imagine I’ll need one door and 3/4 windows which would cost in the region of £1000 to buy.

assume I would need a damp proof course even though it won’t be insulated etc.

Could you give an idea of price please?

I’d like to compare a rendered block estimate to timber or steel etc.

UK based

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
No idea but search "price building out building" in google and I can see some costings come up.

Currently building a 5x3.5m garden room / office the spec is probably on the high side, 3m bifold door along the front, no fancy cladding though, but materials alone is running to about £11k. I've had some help on the labour side too. For a similar spec to have built was looking like £20k for a timber construction.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back