Outdoor 12V Transformers Query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have an Outdoor Socket installed (by part p qualified person). I now want to run some outdoor lightning from it, is it possible to run more then one 12v Transformer from the socket? Ie to have a junction box in waterproof housing with 3 transformers connected?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You can plug what you like in but once you alter the socket then Part P raises its head and it is not cost effective to do any small jobs DIY needing Part P registration as LABC charges are so high.

If you plug in anything fixed then Part P is still required so if you screw junction box to wall it may comes under Part P. Yes I know it is crazy but electricians did not make the rules.

The normal way around the problem is to buy a type approved system which will normally have plug and socket arrangement so the installer does not do any wiring.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back