Outdoor Downlights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, We're just having a new sloping roof fitted above french doors and we would like downlights fitted in the soffit above. Of course all the wiring will be in the roof so do we need IP 44 lights or do we need special ones for outdoors and where can we get them. Thanks Pat

Sponsored Links
In this day and age they all use those "words" now :D

Anyway dont shoot the messenger :p

Sponsored Links
http://www.scldirect.co.uk/recessed-downlights/soffit-and-eaves-lighting.html
How did you know that he doesn't want the lights to perform any useful illumination function?

pokell - you can get an IP44 option for these:

How did you know that he doesn't want the lights to perform any useful illumination function?

I didnt, what I did was provide a link that the OP was asking about.

How do you know he does not want multi-colour changing ones?

I don't.

He didn't ask about that, so I assumed he didn't want it.

He did ask about lighting, but you assumed he didn't want it to actually work properly.

Bit of a difference.

Hi, Thanks for the replies. Its a she actually. I am a bit puzzled as to the amount of light we will require. We intend to have 3 downlights about 2.5 metres apart. We don't want very bright lights but enough to light up the patio area. (not like the solar powered light which we have now which are very dim). Would the soffit lights advertised give enough light?
Thanks Pat

Just use a shower downlighter. They are cheap, easy to get and save a load of messing about.

@OP are your new soffits wood or uPVC or something else?

We've looked at some bathroom downlights today and they are very reasonable but will we need the longlife bulbs (which are quite expensive) as they are don't get hot. Also can we get the IP65 lights which tilt.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back