Outdoor junction box

Sponsored Links
The much awaited pictures at last!!! The first 2 pics are from inside. Whoever originally drilled the whole through the plaster all the way into the brickwork must not have been aware that a metal conduit can run immediately next to a flush box, and certainly did not use a metal/wire detector since the long drill bit damaged the surface of the conduit, but thanks goodness did not made a whole in it where the cables are! Once I have replastered the walls I will fit a double socket and an FCU connected to it for the outdoor garage.

Pics 3 and 4 show the external box I was talking about. I have temporarily put some white sealant around it to hold everything together since a small piece of brick behind it broke and that must have been caused by the drill bit when the whole was originally made. I will need to join the loose bit of brick with strong mortar when I change the external box. If the underground cable has a steel braid, I have no idea since I could not undo the rubber bit that connects the black cable to the box (not sure how to do it). The thickness of the cables that are inside the underground black cable are not 2.5mm thick, probably more like 1.5mm, but I'm trying to avoid replacing it since I hardly use electricity in the garage and it could be too much work (garage 50m away). What would be the simplest solution in terms of a new box, which one would you recommend and how would I go about it disconnecting/reconnecting the underground black cable?

Sponsored Links
I would still go with a gewiss box:

A gewiss type moulded enclosure, TRS gland, SWA gland and a Piranhna nut.

m2-lkveU4WVFU-sFyNMkHxg.jpg

Taurus S-W-A gland packs come with a Piranhna nut in the pack.

http://www.s-w-a.co.uk/resources/New-Items/SWA-Earthing-Nut-Leaflet-FINAL-SWAEN0113-2000-Jan2013.pdf

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back