Outdoor Sauna

WSB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Seen a few videos on YouTube where people build their own saunas in their garden by basically building a shed then insulating it and using spruce wood and buying an electric sauna heater. Clearly, another trip switch will need to be added to the consumer unit as I'm going traditional sauna rather than infra red but is their anything else I need to be aware of when building a sauna in the garden?

Sponsored Links
You can get wood burning sauna stoves

Personally- I think you could get life time gym / health club membership for less than even a cheap build.

That sounds like a lot of hassle. Just want something I can switch on, make a cuppa and come back when it's hot....

I like the idea of popping in the garden for a sauna and popping back in for a shower, then lounging around in my pants...

Sponsored Links
the sauna at my gym takes about 2 hours to get to 80 degrees.

That's quite a while. Don't mind an hour. The sauna I'd be looking at building would be quite small, say for about two people. But then I suppose if it's outdoor, it could take a long time to warm up in winter when is mostly be using it. Hmmmm?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back