Outdoor Tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I am looking for some advice on an outdoor tap.
I want to know if I am allowed to run an outdoor tap from the incoming service pipe?
I am correct in thinking that the water authority’s responsibility ends at the stop valve in the street and from then on the pipe is my responsibility.
Therefore I can run a tee piece from this pipe to supply my new outdoor tap.

Cheers

Chris

Sponsored Links
Thats not how its done! :eek:

Tee off your kitchen tap supply and fit an iso valve and double check valve too. :D

You might, are, responsible for internal pipework. You are also responsible for ensuring that pipework complies with ALL water regulation requirements such as isolation valve and double checkvalve INSIDE the property.

Outside taps with integeral check valves are NOT permitted on new tap installations but only as a replacement tap for existing ones.

Tee off your kitchen tap supply and fit an iso valve and double check valve too.

I have added outdoor taps like this before. In this case the kitchen supply is not near the area that i need the tap to be in.

Are there any regulations that say i cannot add a tee to my main water supply pipe in the garden?

The new tap will have both an iso value and a double check valve

Sponsored Links
Outside taps with integeral check valves are NOT permitted on new tap installations but only as a replacement tap for existing ones.

Where does it actually say that.

On new builds we do fit basic bib taps with check valve fitted inside property, but we have been challenged to prove why?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back