outhouse roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all do i need to use marine ply on an outhouse roof im going to felt over a bit like a shed roof

Sponsored Links
across the world millions of timber frame structures are built every year, and many of them use OSB or CDX ply but definitely not marine ply as far as i know.
screw the sheets down at 150mm centres on the rafters.

hi all do i need to use marine ply on an outhouse roof im going to felt over a bit like a shed roof

OSB if the most common for this type of work.

across the world millions of timber frame structures are built every year, and many of them use OSB or CDX ply but definitely not marine ply as far as i know.
screw the sheets down at 150mm centres on the rafters.

Marine ply is used on some high-rise flats/office buildings

Sponsored Links
commercial work or civil engineering is not at issue here - "high-rise flats/office buildings" are not constructed with timber framing.

whats your point?
what "can still be used" - marine ply or timber framed construction?

you can if you want to but it is rather expensive (if you can find it)

the felt is supposed to keep the rain off.

you need to paint or seal all edges or it will warp and not last long.

I have a house where the first owner was a boatbuilder and used it for built-in furniture, boxing-in, bath panel and so on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back