Outlet for Concealed Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone
I have fitted a concealed shower and before I cut the hole for the spigot I am trying to plan the best way to fit the outlet spigot in with the ceramic tiles.
I thought if I could position it
(1)at the junction of 4 tiles - I would only have to cut the corners off 4 tiles - straight cuts - (easist I suspect) but might make it harder to seal around it against water ingress.
(2) or place it in the centre of a tile (means cutting a round hole obviously) about 3/4" in diameter but I think it would be a better seal around the spigot.
Which is best to go for?

Thanks
Gran.

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't worry too much about the seal - there'll be very little water that high up, because it all falls downwards from the outlet!

My personal preference is to centre the outlet spigot on a tile. I don't find it very difficult to cut the hole in the right place, but you'll need the right tool for the job. If the tiles are ordinary ceramic then a hole saw (e.g. 25mm) would do you - you could even afford to sacrifice a hole saw since they're not expensive. The same applies to natural slate.

If porcelain then you might need to sacrifice two saws, and use a coolant (e.g. water) while doing the cutting. If granite, then, um, I don't know. I suspect you'd be asking for trouble by tiling with granite anyway.

Thanks Softus
I thought it would look better in the centre - I have a tile saw just need a new blade couple of quid - think I'll go for the centre !!!!

Gran

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back