1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Outside bbq

Discussion in 'In the Garden' started by Notadecor8ter, 17 Nov 2018.

1. Notadecor8ter

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I've been in a villa abroad in spain a few times now and the more I use an outdoor bbq setup the more i want one at home for the summer months with the brick/pizza oven type bbq

My garden adjourns a neighbour who tbh is an ar-se and makes tonnes of noise, i'm thinking it would also block the noise if i did a bit of a roof enclosure, which could mean usage of it through the colder periods.

Place i'd put it would be the area marked in blue.

What sort of hassle would I need to go through building this? Would it need permission if i've got a chimney option?

Untitled 2.png

2. Halitosis

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Presumably it'd be over 6 feet tall (unless you're a vertically-challenged family :confused:) so would require planning permission. Contact your local council's planning department

3. sodthisforfun

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
  4. Notch7

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I think as its against an attached garage, it becomes an extension rather than outbuilding

Im not sure whether permitted development is allowed on a garage or not.....

5. sodthisforfun

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    End of the garage - presumably no doors or anything at the back, so would that be an extension if not attached?