Outside condensate soak away freezing up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have an outside soak away fitted to my combi for the condensate, the pipe is insulated.

But with this very cold weather it keeps freezing up and this morning it took me around 4 kettle loads to get the heating back.

What ca I do?

Is it safe to have the condensate flowing into a sealed bucket until the very cold weather goes away then i could get it fixed properly?

Sponsored Links
Fine - the condensate is only slightly acidic water so it won't do any harm for a while.

thanks mate, have been reading up on it and its supposed to be 32mm pipe if outside, mine is only 21.5mm, will have to get it sorted.

This weather is just mental, -9.5C this morning and i was out at 6am with the kettle, lol.

rezarf";p="1464659 said:
thanks mate, have been reading up on it and its supposed to be 32mm pipe if outside, mine is only 21.5mm, will have to get it sorted.

This weather is just mental, -9.5C this morning and i was out at 6am with the kettle, lol.[/quote

21.5 mm can be run upto 3m before you need to change to 32mm]

Sponsored Links
lightning";p="1464663 said:

This weather is just mental, -9.5C this morning and i was out at 6am with the kettle, lol.[/quote

21.5 mm can be run upto 3m before you need to change to 32mm]

well mines runs from upstairs down under living room floor then about 2 m to outside. I reckon at least 5m of pipe work

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back