Outside light on driveway

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, approx. a year ago I had a an electric gate and walls removed at the end of my driveway. As the winter came and the nights became dark I wished I'd had some small lights installed on the driveway using the armoured cabled that serviced the gates but I didn't think it was necessary.

The electrician doing the cabling said he'd leave the cable there as I may want them some day. I am know seeing the benefits for having the lights. Please could you advise me of the options that I could go for to have the lights he's talked about. Would you have them on a sensor, timer or switch? I have a sensor outside my garage currently which operates lights outside the garage and side of the house but you have to have parked up and got out of the car to activate them. I guess one option would be to have a driveway PIR at the end of the drive in order to activate them?

The driveway can hold 3 car lengths and the armoured cable surfaces about 2 cars lengths away from the garage where the cable terminates.

Thanks for any help/suggestions you can give.

Sponsored Links
My driveway lights are on a dawn to dusk sensor plugged into a timer so that they are not on all night.

Andy

That sounds like the best option as you cover all options that way I guess? Easy for people to see the driveway when visiting and off at midnight so they are not on all night?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back