Outside tap - leaking joint help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My outside tap is supplied by a copper pipe which runs from the cold water supply to the kitchen sink. One of the joints on the elbow has recently started leaking - is there any way to cure this without soldering?

It seems a silly little job to get a plumber out for, but we have a water meter so I'm reluctant to leave it dripping away for long, and I use it too often for it to be convenient to keep isolating it all the time...

Sponsored Links
The only proper way is to drain and re-solder it.

If you have room, you could cut the offending joint out and re-connect using pushfit connectors and a short length of pipe.

Sponsored Links
Give this a try, its an external leak repair compound. Never tried it myself but have heard good stuff about this. It can apparently fix minor leaks.

Don't bother, it will only diguise the problem which may get significantly worse and fail while you are away on holiday. Still, if you want to save a few pounds on a plumber so you can spend it on holiday.................

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back