Isolating leaking kitchen tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. The hot tap in the kitchen is leaking a bit. I’ve been told that I can isolate the tap from the rest of the supply by turning a little screw on the pipe leading to the tap.

I have located the screw but was wondering if it would be OK to leave it turned off if I’m going away for a few days? Does the water ‘back up’ somewhere else if it can’t leak out of the tap?

I’d be glad of any advice.

Sponsored Links
A8613B3A-505C-4D96-8B2F-9B03B3C278B3.jpeg
Best give us a picture of the isolator you have discovered, but only turn the slotted screw 90 degrees.
John :)

Not sure if this photo will upload but thank you, John, for your help

No worries, that isolator has lost its plastic turn button but you can use an adjustable spanner to turn the valve 90 degrees.

Sponsored Links
A pleasure, you can leave the isolator turned off for as long as you please.
Don't be too concerned if you get a slight water drip once the valve is turned, often turning the thing on and off again makes it seal up again once more.

A pleasure, you can leave the isolator turned off for as long as you please.
Don't be too concerned if you get a slight water drip once the valve is turned, often turning the thing on and off again makes it seal up again once more.

I’ve done it and it’s worked! Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back