Outside tap pipe replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I made the mistake of forgetting to isolate and cover my outside tap and suffered a split pipe. (the vertical part of the pipe shown here)

I think the tap body is okay so just need to replace the pipe work.
Whats the best replacment type of pipe? Copper or plastic?
Also will i need a check valve and whats the difference between single and double valves?
The pipe work under the sink looks like this...

Think ill have to replace the lot as far back as the stop tap.
Cheers Rob

Sponsored Links
I would do it in copper with a new brass tap with check valve integral ( In the tap body ).

Cheers terry.

One last question, looking at the first picture can anyone explain the purpose of having that drop down leg on the outside wall and if i could/should replace like for like or can i just use a straight through the wall pipe length with out the drop?

Sponsored Links
I would do it in copper with a new brass tap with check valve integral ( In the tap body ).
If you are replacing it all then the double check valve should be inside to comply with water regs.

shopping

Use one of these through the wall.

Then attach a standard bib tap.

Elbow inside, small length of pipe, double check valve, small length of pipe to elbow, small length of pipe into stop tap

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back