waste pipe adapter kit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive got one of those wall hung toilets that come with the concealed cistern/frame etc... the kit comes with a waste pipe adapter kit to connect up the wc to the existing pipe work as per this pic.

the 110mm adapter shown on the right is to fit the existing 110mm grey pipe where ill be cutting it.
There is a seal between the black elbow and the adapter however there is no rubber seal on the side of the adapter that will fit into the grey pipe where ill be cutting it.

Does anyone know if ill need to get and fit some sort of socket with a seal to the cut end of the existing grey pipe in order to accept the adapter and to avoid a leaking connection?

Thanks
Rob

Sponsored Links
Hard to tell just from the pic ,but I suspect the black adaptor may need to be solvent welded to the grey waste pipe. Is it a greater diameter than the grey pipe ,so the grey goes inside the adaptor ?

Hard to tell just from the pic ,but I suspect the black adaptor may need to be solvent welded to the grey waste pipe. Is it a greater diameter than the grey pipe ,so the grey goes inside the adaptor ?

The male part of the black adapter is actually the same OD as the grey pipe (110mm) so wont fit inside the existing grey section

Had a look online and i think i can possibly use one of these with the existing pipe cut down.

or remove the entire section of the horizontal pipe and replace with one of these cut to the correct length.

What do you reckon?

Remove the grey pipe and replace with new one with socket ,cut to correct length. After cutting ,file a chamfer on the cut end ,and lubricate it ( washing up liquid will do ) ,to ensure it slides smoothly into the fitting without damaging the rubber seals within it.

Sponsored Links
Personally I'd cut the existing pipe, (carefully), and fit a coupling, my concern would be disturbing an existing joint, you may find it doesn't seal again when you put the new section of pipe into the old socket. The seals can harden over the years, and dont offer the flex a new seal does.

The connection probably won't be high enough if going from close coupled to wall hung. It might need to raise up to suit fixed frame connection

The connection probably won't be high enough if going from close coupled to wall hung. It might need to raise up to suit fixed frame connection

Yep there was a close coupled there before.

I can just about get the top of the wall hung wc to about 395 off the ground with the current pipe work. This seems a bit low
and leaves little clearance under the wc for tiles.

Not sure what the recommended height is for these wall hung units is but it seems a litte bit low. But ill have to try and find some sort of elbow to raise the height by a few inches.

Any suggestions?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back