Toilet waste pipe advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m currently fitting an Abacus WC wall hung frame. Not experienced with fitting toilets so some advice would be helpful. The toilet frame comes with a 110mm elbow waste connector, I was assuming it would fit into the existing white pipe part but it is loose. Is there any adapter or should the white bit be removed and I use an extension to the supplied 110mm pipe into whatever is below the current white connector. Thanks I’m advance!

Attachments

• A8F1A413-1A63-47C7-8F93-DF89A1FD7C3F.jpeg
    A8F1A413-1A63-47C7-8F93-DF89A1FD7C3F.jpeg
    228.7 KB · Views: 137
Sponsored Links
You should have a seal provided with the grey pipe, it sits around the outside of grey and has 3 or 4 fins

You should have a seal provided with the grey pipe, it sits around the outside of grey and has 3 or 4 fins
I’ve added a picture of the instructions. I don’t see any seal. Is it something I can buy?

Attachments

• B03452DC-51E7-45FC-B103-F84F4D88F758.jpeg
    B03452DC-51E7-45FC-B103-F84F4D88F758.jpeg
    194.5 KB · Views: 116
I suspect you have a 110mm spigot end there from the new WC, the white collar would have a rubber adapter fitted into which the outlet spigot from the old WC pan fitted. I would be cautious about removing the white collar as the seal in the pipe below may be disturbed in the process meaning any new section of pipe inserted will not make an airtight seal.

If that section is to be concealed, I would look at leaving it as is, (gravity will deal with the waste) and getting a 'Fernco' type adaptor to suit, slip that onto the outlet spigot, then slip it down over the top of the whole thing and tighten the jubilee clips to seal the joint airtight.

A McAlpine DC-1 into the white collar and the provided spigot into that is another option, but I'm not sure if the DC-1 will fit into the white collar.

Sponsored Links
I suspect you have a 110mm spigot end there from the new WC, the white collar would have a rubber adapter fitted into which the outlet spigot from the old WC pan fitted. I would be cautious about removing the white collar as the seal in the pipe below may be disturbed in the process meaning any new section of pipe inserted will not make an airtight seal.

If that section is to be concealed, I would look at leaving it as is, (gravity will deal with the waste) and getting a 'Fernco' type adaptor to suit, slip that onto the outlet spigot, then slip it down over the top of the whole thing and tighten the jubilee clips to seal the joint airtight.

A McAlpine DC-1 into the white collar and the provided spigot into that is another option, but I'm not sure if the DC-1 will fit into the white collar.

Thanks for this. I bought this https://www.screwfix.com/p/floplast...ykpfsxo9kfDSrcYYLBEaAvRSEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

which worked a dream!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back