Outside Vent Visor

6 Oct 2009
Reaction score
United Kingdom
The previous owners of my house have used a vent to pass through lots of pipes such as bath waste water, that then run down next to a drain pipe of the external wall into the drain.

The issue I have is that the rain water is getting through the vent and into the kitchen behind the plaster boards due to the pipes existing and I want to know if there is such an item as a "vent visor" that I can put over the vent that works like an umbrella to stop the rain coming in.

Your help is very much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
That was exactly what I originally considered. The issue is that I need it to be a lot bigger and without the rear moulding where the pipe would come into the fitting.

Any idea where I could get one a lot bigger and do you think I could successfully cut off the rear moulding section?
Sponsored Links
Thanks for the information; I really appreciate your help.

I need one that is 310mm square so will keep googling!!!! :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local