Outside Wall Lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys, I think this will most likely be a bit of a pointless post, however will post anyway just in case I'm missing something!!

I want to install some outside wall lighting, and will be breaking into the existing lighting circuit in the garage, to spur off to a switch and then through the wall to the outside of the house and connect up to the back of the light unit.

However, I want to install around 4 lights outside, along the same front face of the house, but i would prefer to have no wiring showing?

There isn't going to be an easy way of doing this is there? I can't get into the cavity of the walls, as everything is decorated already, and I can't lift the upstairs flooring up as we've had new carpet laid...... Forward planning I know!!

As I said, bit of a pointless post? The wiring will have to run to the other lights on the outside of the house?

Sponsored Links
Using mineral insulated cable it could be hidden in the mortar but not a DIY job, to be frank as an electrician I have not got the skill and would need to find some one with the skill. Other option may be ali-tube cable does not need the skill to use but similar to mineral insulated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back