outside wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am installing outside lights and power, breaking into an existing external power supply (armoured cable) Because of limited space I want to use a double switch to switch wall mounted lights ( I assume this is simply by joining the earths, live to Com and L1, and joining the neutrals) but I also want to use the other switch to switch a separately mounted 13A socket. How do I do that please?

Thanks

Rod

Since when has Hampshire been outside the UK?

Moved as posted in wrong forum

Sponsored Links
You need to explain more. You are breaking into an external SWA cable and using an externally mounted double switch? Is the existing supply RCD-protected? What is the current rating of the switch?

Sorry about lack of detail! The supply is separately fused from a RCD protected distribution board in the house ( it actually supplies power to the greenhouse); the switch is an external switch externally mounted, 20A rated.
Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back