Outsmarted by a doorbell...?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey Folks, hoping you can help me out here... afraid i know the answer but thought i'd put it to the experts. I've very very little electrical experience so will try to be concise and precise with the information.

In brief, bought a smart doorbell (EzViz DB1C) tried to fit it to my Friedland D3230 mechanical door chime - I'm in the UK for context. initially tried to install without the power kit provided. This resulted in the following:

- no audible ding dong from the mechanical chime

- Couldnt answer video calls

- no display light on the doorbell

I followed the manual (https://mfs.ezvizlife.com/UD11788B_EU15_DB1_QSG_V1.0.0_180920.pdf) for the doorbell (Page 7-8) .

But.. My chime doesnt have REAR / TRANS / FRONT instead has cables present in 1 and 3 as per the picture.

when connected as specified in the manual there was a humming / buzzing sound originating from the chime. The doorbell dint seem boosted in anyway and seemed devoid of sufficient power for full operation just as before. Any pointers or am i going to need a new chime?

chime-1.jpg

ZcMv3wH

Sponsored Links
you cant have wired it as per manual as the manual doesn't have the same connections.

found this online, you may need to move the connections,
not done one in a while.

Attachments

• ezviz.png
    ezviz.png
    28 KB · Views: 303

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back