Oven bulb keeps blowing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a Stoves Newhome double oven, just under 3 years old. The other day the bulb in the main fan oven blew. I replaced it with the same type (25w oven bulb rated up to 300 degrees, made by General Electric). It worked fine for about the first 10 minutes of the oven being on but then it blew.

I really doubt it's a suspect bulb but I'll try another one to be sure. If it isn't the bulb then does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing it to blow repeatedly?

Sponsored Links
The Lamp assembly is the only other component involved. (The bit the bulb screws into).

Certainly could be a dud bulb, try another, ideally from a diffrent supplier source if thats easy.

Daniel

Sponsored Links
I have a Bosch oven, the bulbs kept blowing but this stopped when we replaced the cover which had a hairline fracture

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back