oven bulb blowing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have recently installed a double oven on a 30 amp circuit only to find one of the oven lamps keeps blowing am i right in assuming my kettle or extractor is 'tripping out' my bulb when the switches are activated?

Sponsored Links
No, you would not be right in thinking this. There are many reasons why the bulb might blow, i cannot see how switching on a kettle or extractor would have any effect on the bulb. Why do you think so?

Possible problems:

Incorrect bulb - the bulb is not correctly rated for the high temperature conditions.

Poor connection between bulb-holder and bulb.

High Voltage (unlikely)

How ling does the bulb take to blow? Is it blowing at all, simply not working perhaps. More info required.

If this is a new oven / cooker perhaps it is covered under warranty, as the problem is most likely related to the oven itself and not your fixed wiring

hi thanks for replying
i am lead to believe the tripping theory from my local diy shop-no not one of the sheds, the bulb blows when it wants and not at any particular time and the oven(double two lamps only one goes)is second hand off ebay other than this it is perfect in every waythe bulb is rated at 300c/25 watt :(

Sponsored Links
bwfc3101 said:
i am lead to believe the tripping theory from my local diy shop
Whoever told you that needs to go back to the job where all he had to say was "would you like fries with that?".

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back