cooker/oven circut blows.

If it was water shorting live to earth and/or neutral and tripping a 40 amp fuse there would be clear signs of corrosion and other damage at the place where the short occured.

It isn't impossible that there is a junction box somewhere that was soaked by the water or the back of the cooker box.

Sponsored Links
JohnD said:
boratonpurim said:
...My cooker/oven circuit (40 amp) keeps blowing. I disconnected the switch to try to locate where the problem is, it has to be between the consumer unit and the switch.

if this is true, where do you think the water got in?
i'm not 100% sure it was really wet in the switch but that was the leak area so i guess it takes just a little drop for it to trip. otherwise i cant see any other explaination. can you?

boratonpurim said:
JohnD said:
boratonpurim said:
Makes sense as well. Though i traced the cable half way the other half is in the Ceiling where im sure Nothing was drilled into it.. so does the leak i had make sense for the Probable cause ???

No.

Cables are waterproof so are unaffected by leaks.

A cooker circuit should have no breaks in it between the CU and the Cooker switch.

bernardgreen was right a week ago.

Bora, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing in your case.
if this simple but potentially lethal fault is still present i suggest you get someone qualified to either check the wiring/cooker cct's which may need replaced, dont wait untill you get zapped or buzzed.

well the leak was at the kitchen wall so it looked in the cooker so the water mad it trip. That’s the only way I can see that happen. Like I said no nails or screws! 100% sure

Sponsored Links
sinewave said:
boratonpurim said:
JohnD said:
boratonpurim said:
Makes sense as well. Though i traced the cable half way the other half is in the Ceiling where im sure Nothing was drilled into it.. so does the leak i had make sense for the Probable cause ???

No.

Cables are waterproof so are unaffected by leaks.

A cooker circuit should have no breaks in it between the CU and the Cooker switch.

bernardgreen was right a week ago.

Bora, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing in your case.
if this simple but potentially lethal fault is still present i suggest you get someone qualified to either check the wiring/cooker cct's which may need replaced, dont wait untill you get zapped or buzzed.

well the leak was at the kitchen wall so it looked in the cooker so the water mad it trip. That’s the only way I can see that happen. Like I said no nails or screws! 100% sure

ok. so far its all been workin fine but if the problem will come back i will get some help.. Thanks guys!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back