cooker/oven circut blows.

Softus said:
sinewave said:
Missed a digit 40,000mA
In that case do you mean that the insulation is giving up?

If so, how would you test for that?

When electron's collide they give off heat and are used as a source of energy but they should only collide at the load.

Sponsored Links
sinewave said:
Sorry this information was stupid and fatal do not try this.

Softus are you still with us mate......

please say you are alright softouch try not to be such a jerk if you are with us.

I'm mistaken arn't I?

You're not as I initially assumed, the same sinewave as on the S/F forum!

Thanks guys. Its weird after a few days it started working again without any problems, my guess is that i had a leak where trhe cable runs, (fixed it last week) it was probably wet or somethin... :LOL:

Sponsored Links
more likely there was an intermittent short circuit. This has probably burned through. This is not unusual, especially where a screw or nail has gone into it which can be very dangerous. You really need to trace and fix the fault.

Makes sense as well. Though i traced the cable half way the other half is in the Ceiling where im sure Nothing was drilled into it.. so does the leak i had make sense for the Probable cause ???

sinewave said:
sinewave said:

please say you are alright softouch try not to be such a jerk if you are with us.

Tell me you were being sarcastic and not just serious for a second :rolleyes:

boratonpurim said:
Makes sense as well. Though i traced the cable half way the other half is in the Ceiling where im sure Nothing was drilled into it.. so does the leak i had make sense for the Probable cause ???

No.

Cables are waterproof so are unaffected by leaks.

A cooker circuit should have no breaks in it between the CU and the Cooker switch.

bernardgreen was right a week ago.

My apologies for sending this stupid and potentially lethal information : (see cooker/fuse blows) but my post was interupted by softouch asking /suggesting silly questions and trying to be a big man which i handled : but forgot this information goes out to many

My silly replies were directed at him only and i apologise to all members once again. :(

JohnD said:
boratonpurim said:

No.

A cooker circuit should have no breaks in it between the CU and the Cooker switch.

No point in saying anything you just might believe it.

boratonpurim said:
sinewave said:
sinewave said:

Tell me you were being sarcastic and not just serious for a second :rolleyes:

For a nano second i did.

Adam_151 said:
I'm mistaken arn't I?

You're not as I initially assumed, the same sinewave as on the S/F forum!

What are you struggling to say spit it out.

I don't know you from ADAM!

sinewave said:
JohnD said:
boratonpurim said:

No.

No point in saying anything you just might believe it.

Well as far as I’m concerned, he was being sarcastic and he apologized . I think if you’d actually have someone on here who would follow what he said, he clearly don’t belong on here so let him get buzzed !

JohnD said:
boratonpurim said:

No.

well the leak was at the kitchen wall so it looked in the cooker so the water mad it trip. That’s the only way I can see that happen. Like I said no nails or screws! 100% sure

boratonpurim said:
...My cooker/oven circuit (40 amp) keeps blowing. I disconnected the switch to try to locate where the problem is, it has to be between the consumer unit and the switch.

if this is true, where do you think the water got in?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back