cooker circut blows with burning smell

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
its a small electric cooker place for 2 pots. (no oven) i mean that it came ready wired by the company with a fused plug. so i dont even have a control unit to it... but it worked fine for almost 10 years.

IT BLOWS AS SOON AS I TURN EITHER RING.

ITS NOT AN ELECTRIC SWITCH.

P.S THE FUSE (13 AMP) FROM THE CABLE THAT GOES INTO THE SOCKET DOESN'T BLOW, JUST THE CIRCUT..

Sponsored Links
fault on the cooker or cable to cooker. when you say turn it on.........does the fuse pop when you switch the actual cooker on or when you turn on the cooker isolator switch at the wall?

and if i understand correctly you can use the socket outlet on the cooker point?

it only blows when i turn the actuall cooker on not the switch.
the cooker comes installed with a fused cable

what do u mean if i can use it as the cooker point?? not quite sure what u mean by that.. thanks!!

Sponsored Links
yes correct the plug where i usually plug in the cooker works fine when i plug anyhting else in it. so to me it seems like its a cooker problem.. but maybe it isn't wired correctly (like right size wire) or fused correctly

certainly a cooker fault then....... as RF says, possibly the element. your going to need it checking out.

Is it an electric cooker? With electric oven and electric rings?

Does it blow the fuse as soon as you switch it on, or when your turn on several rings?

Do you mean the electric cooker is connected with a plug and socket?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back