Oven connections

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks in advance.
Situation: I have a 32a supply running from the fuse board to a single isolation switch which then powers a double 3pin socket.
Previously had a compact micro-combi running on a 13a plug and a single oven also running on a 13a plug.

I now want to connect a new single oven requiring 16a replacing the previous 13a one

Suggestions please.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You can get oven wired outlets.

Maybe an electrician job thoughas its not a like for like replacement?.

hager-WMP50FO.png

Replace the single socket with a 20A double pole isolator & connect the oven to that via a cooker connection unit if necasary.

Replace the single socket with a 20A double pole isolator & connect the oven to that via a cooker connection unit if necasary.
My understanding is though that this would be fine if I wasn't wanting to run the micro combi too.

Sponsored Links
Sorry, I misread your first post you already have a 20A isolator switching a double socket, is that correct? If so then assuming you are competent you can just add a c.c.u. in parallel to the socket for the new oven. You don't tell us ratings for the appliances, but I doubt they will trip the 32A mob even together.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back