Oven Hood/Extractor venting to outside

I found out that the model no is: Cooke & Lewis CLGCH60-CR1 - seems you can have it vented or non-vented. Not the best hood in the world. Looks like the refurbishment job on this property is a little on the cheap and cheerful side. The boiler is a HeatLine CaprizPlus 28a. Again, pretty cheap.
Cheap stuff isn't always a problem, but if I am giving over my life savings, not going to have anything left over to put any thing right if it goes wrong.

Sponsored Links
As others have already said, you should be able to remove the chimney, core drill through the rear wall (hire the equipment needed from a local hire shop), and then fit the ducting out using cylindrical piping going up from the cooker hood, but you'll need a little bit of wriggle room on the hole to allow the pipe to drop down over the hood collar. The flexi hoses should be okay, as the heat has to get through the filters first, so whilst the exhaust gasses are hot, they should in theory be safe. But having said that, I'll take the advice, and fit a metal liner to a job I'm currently doing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cooke and Lewis Hoods are a popular model sold by a large DIY Chain Store
Not heard of any major problems with them. So you are not alone there are probably tens of thousands of people with this model cooker hood or similar
So long as you stick to the recommended distances from the cooker to the hood.

Sponsored Links
Cooke and Lewis Hoods are a popular model sold by a large DIY Chain Store
Not heard of any major problems with them. So you are not alone there are probably tens of thousands of people with this model cooker hood or similar
So long as you stick to the recommended distances from the cooker to the hood.
Thanks, that is good to know.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back