Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

We had new oven hood installed. I have notice when I'm cooking the wall behind the oven next to oven hood is wet. Is this normal??

Sponsored Links
Does it extract - is there a vent on the outside of the wall?

Hi.We had new oven hood installed. I have notice when I'm cooking the wall behind the oven next to oven hood is wet. Is this normal??

After getting a new kitchen a number of years ago, we had the same problem particularly when boiling potatoes for example. Builder suggested that the pipe going through the wall was too large or too small, for a tight fit to the back of the extractor, but it turned out that a poly sheet in the filter compartment hadn't been removed. All was ok once it had been. That said, given the heat given off from the gas hob, I was still surprised to see condensation on the back wall. You could put the extractor on full power, put a pan of boiling water underneath and check outside to see that the extractor is working

Sponsored Links
If the duct is new then check that the vent has been fitted correctly and that it is weatherproof.

Without seeing the set-up, it could just be the same as ours..

All works, connected ok etc, but simply does not have enough ooomph to extract quickly enough. Basically, we could have bought a better one, but bought a basic cheapy.
I think in ours, the filters cause too much restriction to the air flow. When you remove the filters, it's fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back