Oven housing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Busy installing new kitchen units. A mate told me it was easy to make a double oven housing (below bench) and a waste of money to buy one from the kitchen manufacturer. Can any one give me details on sizes and construction methods ? a drawing would be great. Many thanks

Sponsored Links
A double oven under worktop..WILL NOT FIT
Do you mean a built under single oven.

Anyway that aside, if you are competent you could make a dining table.
What are your skills.
What you will need to do is make the cabinett, to the min/max dimensions specified. These are required for airflow.

Thanks for such a positive response ! A double oven will fit under a bench. I dont want to make a dining table. Can anyone offer some practical help.

geoffwh said:
Thanks for such a positive response ! A double oven will fit under a bench. I dont want to make a dining table. Can anyone offer some practical help.

I thort it was practical, I dont know your skills.
Any way 1200 double oven, I will asume it is fitted with a grill & the grill will be at the top.
All you need to do is make a box for it to sit on so the top trim is at the base of the worktop, & the whole thing is secure.

If the oven is designed to be screwed in then you will need a frame, that can come from the sides of the other cabinets.

Its about your skills, and the appliance that you are buying.

This may give you some tips, but remember your oven will be a differrent size.
http://www.whirlpool.com/assets/pdfs/product/ZDIMENSION/8303871-D-WH-8303946.pdf

Sponsored Links
Look in the kitchen brochures price lists, to get dimensions of the housing you will need. Then you'll know the right size to build to.

Deluks said:
Look in the kitchen brochures price lists, to get dimensions of the housing you will need. Then you'll know the right size to build to.

I dont think there will be a cabinett for 1200mm built under. I might be wrong

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back