Oven not working.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi had a look at an oven today and the cooker oven was not turning on ie. the light on the knob didn't come on and the oven didn't get hot.

next to the main oven is a mini oven exact same thing and that works fine, light on knob works get's hot etc.

any ideas what it could be?

TIA

Sponsored Links
Is this an electric oven?

As Namsag says it may be set on an expired timer.

Or the controller may have failed.

The original hob controls were called a simerstat ® and had a small heater and a bimetal strip which was heated by a resistor until it turned the supply off for a while. Different temperature settings altered the position and thus the temp the switch turned off at. So it constantly cycled the ring at different mark-space ratios.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I think that most oven timers only operate the main oven.

I went to test the one here as no one is in the kitchen now but there are three ovens and only one timer. So I gave up !

Normally I leave the kitchen to the cooks.

Tony

I think i'll check the timer for it t'morrow. and maybe phone belling if that fails.

If you haven't got the book, just keep pressing buttons 2 at a time until it goes to manual.
Everyone has done this one ;)

I think I have figured it out , you press 2 timer and clock button and while pressed sort time on clock, or summat like that :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back