Oven not working?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a whirlpool oven this one - http://ao.com/product/AKP216IX-Whirlpool-Electric-Single-Oven-Stainless-Steel-28603.aspx

I asked my electrician to wire it in when he re-wired the house. He put a cable on it and a plug and plugged it in. I thought all ovens had to be hard wired in? Anyway when trying use the oven it would just short out and on changing the fuse to a 13A (from a 5A) it's worked for last 6 months. Xmas day I come down stairs and nothing. No display no heat (and no lunch today, yes I was popular). I have changed the fuse, checked cables and even socket it's plugged into and all fine. It's only 6 months old. Should I call out Whirlpool or is the problem that it's not hard wired in to wall?

Thanks

J[/b]

Sponsored Links
The specs say 2.5kW so OK on a 13A plug. One wonders what the spark was doing though running it through a 5A fuse!

Anyway it seems to have failed prematurely so call either Whirlepool ( under guarantee) or take it back to the retailer (under your statuary rights).

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies! I was unsure if it should be wired to a plug but will call Whirlpool on Monday. Thank you!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back