Oven switch/isolator on CU?

Sponsored Links
Not interested in fashion.

Yes, I'm planning an induction hob too. Though that might be separate to the oven. But not far away.

Can a double oven and an induction hob run off a single CCU?

I won't be doing the wiring myself. This is to help my planning of what goes where.

Sponsored Links
Going to extremes

A contactor to control the supply to the oven. The switch to control the contactor is then a single pole low current device. Smaller and much easier to cable.

Though maybe the regulations will not accept a contactor as providing the necessary assured isolation.

Going to extremes ... A contactor to control the supply to the oven. The switch to control the contactor is then a single pole low current device. Smaller and much easier to cable.
The eco warriors might no like that. For safety reasons, it would presumably have to be using 'normally open' contactor contacts - and they might see having the contactor coil drawing current almost always would be akin to always leaving one's TV on 'standby' :)

Kind Regards, John

said eco-warriors would turn the oven off at the wall switch when they're done anyway...

They wouldnt want the clock on the oven wasting carbons.

said eco-warriors would turn the oven off at the wall switch when they're done anyway... They wouldnt want the clock on the oven wasting carbons.
Good point - even if the clock had a battery back-up, they'd probably want to preserve that!

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back