over boarding Ceiling, Gap problems!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
1442758012991.jpg
1442758059809.jpg
Hi,

After being let down by my plasterer I attempted to overboard my spare room ceiling. Turns out the room is no where near square which has left me with 5 - 10 mm gaps in two places. Do I need to replace the boards or can these be made good somehow for plastering?

Thanks,

Laurence

Sponsored Links
Not a big problem. Neatly fill up the gaps with bonding coat/ easifill. Leave it to set, THEN tape the joint, wall/ ceiling line. I'd also dab a drop of pva into the gap along the ceiling first, before you fill it up.
It's ready to be plastered then. One thing i would say though, put a good few more screws in the plasterboard, especially on a ceiling.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: ree
Easyfill is rubbish. Just use plasterboard adhesive.

Well, use anything, as long as it's a quality product/filler that fills up the gaps and then "sets". I prefer to use Bonding coat for these types of gaps, but each to their own Joseph ma boy. :))

the more you argue against the existence of easifill, the more you prove it exists. :)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Laurence 1985,

Do as advised by roughcaster he's a plasterer and knows what he's talking about.

We get trolls and imbeciles on here giving out the wrong advice to DIY'ers like yourself - just because they are trolls.

So beware the Barbi trolls - look to professional advisers like roughcaster.

FWIW: well done for having a go!

Bonding cracks and drops out. That's why we don't use it to fill gaps around boards. We use plasterboard adhesive. It sticks to plasterboard. It sticks to walls. It doesn't crack and fall out. That's what it's made to do. Simple really.

Thanks for your assistance gents! Whilst writing..... I was planning to primer the walls prior to having them plastered and have a brand new tub of bond it pregrit left over from a job. Is this a good product and is it suitable for any plaster brand that my plasterer may use? Or do I need to make sure use the same brand? thanks, Laurence

Yes it's a good product and can be used with any type of plaster.

Thanks for your assistance gents! Whilst writing..... I was planning to primer the walls prior to having them plastered and have a brand new tub of bond it pregrit left over from a job. Is this a good product and is it suitable for any plaster brand that my plasterer may use? Or do I need to make sure use the same brand? thanks, Laurence
yes bond-it is fine to use on all plaster applications, there would be no need to prime plasterboards though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back