overboarding a ceiling and around a window question

S

sentinal73

Hi all,

I've removed all the plaster from a box room as it was blown and loose, am now thinking about dot+dabing the room myself before i get a plasterer in to skim

I have a ceiling whict is slat and plaster? and looks like it has dropped slightly in a small section. I was planning on overboarding this with plasterboard and screws. Should I Do the ceiling before I do the walls? I do plan to add coving once the plasterer has done his bit

Also, around the window reveal, all the plaster is removed. I can see into the wall cavity at the sides and above. Should I plasterboard this as normal? Or build it up to a correct level with plywood first and plasterboard on top of that. The upper part of the window reveal did have a wooden board there originally, but was damaged so I removed it

Many Thanks

newbie and learning.........

cheers

Sponsored Links
Yes, do the ceilling first, ensure the wall board is as tight against the ceilling you can to prevent thermal breach.

No dont fill the cavity (you can get DP closures if you have a full opening 3" or 4") board over if its only a slither. and DONT remove the DPM if there is one fitted, although if the reveals are panneled, it will probably be a full cavity opening and no returns on the brickwork.

You got a piccie? I like piccies.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back