Overboarding wall & radiator plumbing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Now then!

We are getting a plasterer to overboard two walls each with rads.

I am replacing both rads with new ones - in different places and clearing up from a bad woodworm infestation as part of the same project.

I am now half-way through installing a chipboard floor and want to run my pipe work whilst the floors are up.

Should I place the rads roughly in their new position, but on the old wall, work out where the pipes need to go and then add say 1.5"-2" to the distance from the wall? (standard wall board + dot&dab + skim width)

I am using plastic pipe below the floor so there will be a small margin of flex

or would I really be best just waiting until the new wall is finished, biting the bullet and shimmying around the crawl space?

What have others done? what would you do if you weren't going to move/replace the rads anyway?

I have posted a similar question in the Electrics forum too - but about plug sockets.

Cheers

Whitling2k!

Sponsored Links
Measure out where you expect the rads to be, then where the bracket fixings are going to be. Once that is done, when boarding out get a good helping of wall adhesive where the brackets are going to be fixed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back