Overfed soldered joint?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

Just inspecting another bit of work I recently had done and I've noticed that one of the soldered joints that were done has quite a bit of extra solder spilling out of the joint, just looks a bit messy/raggy if that makes sense.. all looks full of solder but not nice and smooth like others in the house. Also has a blob on the side of the joint.

Does this make a difference, could it cause the joint to fail?

It's leading up to a radiator and the water has been on for 2 days with no leaks - is this enough time to check if it's going to be ok?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Solder blob on the outside? Worry ye not, but it's always a good move to flush out the pipes before reconnecting.
John :)

:D Perhaps!

Thanks for the advice though.. probably a bit jumpy because I had a major leak a few years ago from some plumbing work I had done which caused a ceiling to collapse in the kids bedroom :eek:

As I say the application of the solder around the joint is just rough, not the nice smooth ring on the others. It's held for 2 days with no issues..

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Don't worry if you do have a leak, the mods will make it disappear just like my post :rolleyes:

Stop fretting, i've done some you can hang ya coat on. Won't be any different to a clean one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back