Overflow drip AND inlet drip - downstairs WC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Firstly, I noticed a regular drip from the outside overflow of my downstairs WC. The cistern water level was nowhere near the top of the overflow pipe so I wasn't overly concerned. Then I noticed a regular drip from the cistern inlet. It continued even after turning off the dedicated stopcock to this WC. The drip stops when ballcock arm is held up with a little force - seems as if the water level alone isn't enough to close the inlet valve no matter what adjustments to the arm are made. Any idea what's going on here? And is there a connection between the internal drip and the outside drip (I can't see why there'd be an outside drip when the cistern water level is always below the overflow pipe...)? Regards and thanks. Brian, Glasgow.

Sponsored Links
Change the washer to your float valve and see if the overflow pipe is connected to something else. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back