Overflow from Feed and Expansion Tank

Might be worth checking the level in the feed before you go to bed tonight & then first thing in the morning. Give it time to react.

Sponsored Links
Level in F&E tank went from near empty to near full overnight with boiler switched off, so I think I have to conclude it's the coil.

Do all HW tanks (mine seems to be 450 x 900) have the inlets and outlets all in the same place, or are they all different just to make my life more difficult?

As to whether I will have other problems, I guess until I fit the new tank, I won't know....

in my experiance you rarely ever gett a cylinder that does not require some pipe work modification

Sponsored Links
Also get new gate valves to replace as old ones usually need replacing and a new immersion heater. Also don't forget the pipe insulation, all pipes off the h/w cylinder need to be insulated for at least 1M or until they exit the airing cupboard ;)

RickRandom said:
I think I have to conclude it's the coil.
New cylinder has been in for a week or so with nothing coming out of the vent pipe or the overflow. Touch lots of wood, it's solved.

Thanks for all the help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back