overflow pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
following my condenser pipe freezing I am routing it internally to join a bath waste.
Does the 21.5mm pipe need to be solvent welded or is it just push fit. I have had differing opinions at suppliers.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Don't know if this will affect you or not, but our plumber recommended us not to route it to an internal drain as it will corode the pipes (unless they are plastic of course). Not sure if this is true but just thought i'd mention it :)

Hopefully someone will back-up or dismiss this anomaly :LOL:

You can connect the condense to the bath waste with a inline/self sealing trap. I don't see why you can't use glue. We use it all the time.

The condensate is acidic, so will rot a metal pipe. If you are connecting to plastic waste then there wont be a problem.

I would use solvent weld pipe, its going to handle a fair drop of water, so would be better sealed.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your help.
Yes it is going into plastic pipe, but what exactly do you mean by an inline/selfsealing trap?
Thanks

If your boiler does not have an internal trap on the condense then you will need to incorporate one. A self sealing or inline trap or HepVo trap looks like this:

hepv0-self-sealing-waste-442-1788l.jpg

Does the 21.5mm pipe need to be solvent welded or is it just push fit.

Whatever you please but solvent preffered. You won't need the hepV0 if your boiler is fairly new. Just make sure the condensate pipe is dropping into the waste.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back