Overflow problem....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My hot water tank is overflowing water from a pipe at the top of the tank and running through the pipe and out of my property at the rear. Someone told me it might be a pump that needs adjusting? does anyone know why this is happening?.....It drips out water everytime i turn on my heating/hot water which by the way only works together..if one is on the other is on etc. I also have no thermostat, could this be the problem?

Any advice would be gratefully received as we get soaked everytime we enter or leave the house :O

Sponsored Links
My hot water tank is overflowing water from a pipe at the top of the tank and running through the pipe and out of my property at the rear.
Are you talking about the small tank in the loft? How deep is the water in this tank when the water is cold?

It drips out water everytime i turn on my heating/hot water which by the way only works together..if one is on the other is on etc. I also have no thermostat, could this be the problem?
Sounds like a pumped heating / gravity hot water system. Are you saying that you have to have the heating on in the summer?

It won't be the problem but you certainly need a room thermostat and, if possible, an update of the system.

yeah....basically we have one button (no thermostat) which turns on the hot water and heating together... :( so when we want a bath or shower in the summer we have to have the heating on too ! :O nightmare !

That's useful to know. ;)

But you haven't answered the other questions about the tanks in the loft, water levels etc. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Simply needs the header tank ball valve looking at asits over flowing.

Also get your heating and hot water controls updated as its costing you a small fortune.

:rolleyes: ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back