Overhead Gas Supplies

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A few years back, when with SWMBO #2, I was asked to fit a curtain rail in the kitchen of the "mother-in.-laws" recently built Woodrow (of the knighted Lord) fame.
Now, being timber/ concreted pre-fabs with roof trusses that sag 3" if a cloud passes over, I thought this would be a right b++gger, but on inspection the two ends were solid and the middle three hollow, After sorting out all me fixings and drilling the two "hard" ends, it was time for a wee dram n a fag. 1st hollow hole no prob, 2nd hollow hole no prob, 3rd, well, resistance. So I leaned on me drill, lit me fag, ditto, ditto. Suddenly I'm through, and the kitchen was rapidly filling with gas as instead of laying the gas supply pipe under / close to the floor they put it over the window frame and attached to the hardboard boxing and I'd put a nice 10mm hole in it. The fag and sparking drill disappeared, but not as fast as me ! Transco called and fixed. A councillor came down the next day and admitted the pipe position was wrong and to keep the M-in-L sweet gave her a weeks free rent.
MORAL:- To all you cowboys, carry on botching and you'll be a Lord instead of a Mr.

Sponsored Links
Lucky to have a roof in Mozambique old son.... transco get about don't they ? ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back