Gas supply to new hob

Changing subject for a slight deviation, as for darwin's theory, it is a load of crap, latest evidence found from ancient civilisations indicate man was planted on earth, from other planets by visitors, we did not evolve, and thank God i would hate to have evolved from the apes!

Would you be referring to the idiot Erich Von Daniken?

Sponsored Links
Wow :eek:
Are you really arguing with people who won't assist in someone breaking the law? Your medal is well deserved. The op has asked for advise and got the safest and best he could LEGALLY get. You seem to be 1 of those people who love to "stand up and stick it to the man". Grow up and pick ur toys up. And as for the flux "debate??" ha, if you honestly don't think it matters then I'll show you 4 jobs done recently where we had to replace existing pipework because idiot diyers argued the toss and lost. So shut up and stop proving us right.

Oh my god bl00dy aliens now??? Don't worry, Daniel craig will sort um ha ha :LOL:

Sponsored Links
So you'll be off then?

Byeeeeeee :LOL:

*edit. For a laugh I checked your link. A great shame the advice given there was wrong :LOL:

Hey ho, I'm sure your common sense will be of boundless help Mickey lad. ;)

Nope, the advice given was for a non heated floor, but hey do you need complex formulas to work out how much extra depth you will need to keep the pipe away from heat sources, a good estimate of 150 to 200 mm is going to be more than sufficient, whats more he could run that pipe in a suitable duct made of heat insulated material,, wood springs to mind readily.

Further more, he could just run his pipe duct and cover the floor and get the RGI to insert and install the pipe through the ends of the duct work, that should prevent him from breaking the rules, in the least he could get on with laying his UFH and tiling, so all you lot needed to tell him was how far beneath the heat source he needed to install the duct, remember he said there were no bends so an RGI would have no problem inserting a pipe through one end and getting it out the other and he can then place /solder elbows or whatever he needs to take it up to the hob.

Wow :eek:
Are you really arguing with people who won't assist in someone breaking the law? Your medal is well deserved. The op has asked for advise and got the safest and best he could LEGALLY get. You seem to be 1 of those people who love to "stand up and stick it to the man". Grow up and pick ur toys up. And as for the flux "debate??" ha, if you honestly don't think it matters then I'll show you 4 jobs done recently where we had to replace existing pipework because idiot diyers argued the toss and lost. So shut up and stop proving us right.

No i do not advocate anyone breaking the rules, or step outside the law, giving someone advice does not necessarily mean you are encouraging the person to break the rules, but you tell then look it should be xyz cms deep and laid in a duct or other sutable housing, and it should only be strictly carried out by a competent RGI, this way he will know what to expect from his RGI, and as a safe guard he will know before hand that his RGI does not do any short cuts with safety.

As for solder flux, you mentioned 4 recent failures, this could well be due to poor workmanship rather than flux itself. I am not arguing since you know best.

Nope, the advice given was for a non heated floor,

It was still wrong bud.

How's that common sense thing coming?

giving someone advice does not necessarily mean you are encouraging the person to break the rules

Really? I think you should re-read you drivel.

As for solder flux, you mentioned 4 recent failures, this could well be due to poor workmanship

Comes from the "fairy liquid" guy. Tell us again how you use such an inappropriate material to test for leaks?

How big a shovel would you like us to provide?

Dan_Robinson";p="2390956 said:
Nope, the advice given was for a non heated floor
As for solder flux, you mentioned 4 recent failures, this could well be due to poor workmanship

Comes from the "fairy liquid" guy. Tell us again how you use such an inappropriate material to test for leaks?

/quote]

I think this is getting a bit obsurd now!

when you say "inapropriate material to test for leaks" I know exactly why, as it is not idiot proof, so most idiots wouldn't know how to use it or how to apply it, and what concentration to use to make it appropriate for leak test. So most stick with a spray leak tester, as it is made for idiots who can't use other methods, ask yourself what did we use 30 years ago?

In an emergency, even Doctors can use whisky to sterilise wounds!
so why not use a fairy liquid diluted with water to detect gas leaks in an emergency situation, and what makes you think that I will follow your advice and carry with me an appropriate gas leak detector spray just in case I come across a gas leak! rediculous!

Are you still serious on this? A doctor sterilising wounds in a triage situation and some plonker tightening a nut whilst they wait for the gas transporter to rock up in less than an hour (if the leak is not isolated at the ECV) or 4 hours if the ECV is off and the smell has gone.

You can't use fairy liquid as it damaged copper. But then of course your common sense would have told you that whilst testing for leaks at 6" :LOL:

Out of interest what time would you use for these tests?

You might think it absurd, but you are of course advising someone to lay a pipe designated for gas use so it should be tested as such.

So come on Mikefromlondon, squire of common sense. Will you actually answer any of these questions?

what a load of trash! why then not ban fairy liquid in kitchens as it can easily splash on gas copper pipes often running near a sink! oh what about lemons and fruit juices that come in contact with copper pipes carrying gas, and what about corrosive bleech that runs under kitchen units when cleaning or mopping kitchen floors! Most gas pipes run under kitchen unit are exposed to such spillages.

and i clean my copper pipes from time to time with all kind of detergents, even more corrosive ones than just a fairy liquid, you seem to be living in a fragile world!

:LOL: :LOL: love it.

Going back 30 odd years ago all we had was fairy on the back of van for testing. :eek:

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh, :LOL:

GW.....ssssh we are learning from a sage here.

Someone who cleans his pipes.

But has failed to answer a single question that should be easily covered by his all-knowing common sense.

Or are you too busy cleaning your copper pipes :LOL:

Changing subject for a slight deviation, as for darwin's theory, it is a load of crap, latest evidence found from ancient civilisations indicate man was planted on earth, from other planets by visitors, we did not evolve, and thank God i would hate to have evolved from the apes!

having lost his tail, and a sudden enormous jump in intelligence, and able to speak - or communicate through vocals, and lost his ability to cling to trees, and to stop eatring plants and vegetation and take to eating meats, does not make man a likely candidate of having emerged from the apes.

It was worth reading all this drivel just for that!! Wow, over 150 years since the 'Origin Of Species', despite evolution underpinning everything we know about biology, overwhelming evidence in the fossil record, confirmed by genetic research & the fact that evolution have so neatly fitted in with other sciences such as correlating with plate tectonics in a geology etc. Thousands of Biologists & Geneticists around the world have got it wrong, Mike Form London has proved it in one fowl swoop!! I'm really glad you cleared that one up for us Mike, you really are wasted here, maybe you should get in touch with NASA.

Right I'm off to read Finger Prints Of The Gods see where I got it all wrong.

Having lost his tail, and a sudden enormous jump in intelligence
I found that hard to fathom at first but you are clearly a smart guy so you should try reading an actual Science book on the subject, 'The Red Queen' by Mat Ridley. It explains in there the run away effects in the arms race of sexual selection, the first chapters are a hard going its not for the faint hearted but it gets fascinating after that, some of the stuff they have found through studying the human genetic record is a pretty mind blowing actually & should clear that fallacy up for you!

Or if you want to keep living in crazy town, prop up your confirmation bias' and insulate yourself from some cognitive dissonance, you could just read another "science" book :rolleyes: Maybe another one by Graham Hancock? I can recommend Keeper Of Genesis it's total pseudo-science but it sounded plausible to me years ago & although its pure 'science' fiction it sure would be nice to believe if enjoy throwing out your critical faculties & insulating yourself from criticism.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back