Hob condemned tonight

Think I want a job with transco if the job involves going round to people's houses, shaking your head saying carp job and turning off the valve.

Sponsored Links
8mm over 3 meters will be enough for between 7-8KW,more than ample for a standad 4 ring hob.

Are you sure? Have you tried it? Next time you fit a fire try it. I fitted a fire using 3m of 8mm pipe. Pressure drop well exceeded 1mb

By the way, a hob is around 12kW. More if it is 5 ring jobby

Have tried it as nall stoves hobs come with 1/4FI tappind and no room for a 15mm pipe.

Just checked me figures but reckon basically 8mm for 3 meters is .74cubm per hour equating to around7-8kw

standard hob entails 3kw rapid burner,2 aux burners between 1-1.5KW and a simmer at between .75 and 1kw.
Standard cooker unit is 900mm from floor to top so if youve got 15mm and a gas tap somewhere in that space i'd say your laughing.

And Pro because it might get damaged aint really an answer.

Oh, the joy of seeing people sad, hopefully some crying kids with their XMas ruined.

Just the power of knowing that 5 minutes of my time could solve all that, and the warm glow within knowing that I have refused to give it.

Peace and goodwill to all mankind.

Sponsored Links
]Oh, the joy of seeing people sad, hopefully some crying kids with their XMas ruined. Just the power of knowing that 5 minutes of my time could solve all that, and the warm glow within knowing that I have refused to give it.

Never Said Owt About Making People Sad On Xmas day, Why Should We Fix Other Peoples Bad WorkManship ,

It Aint Grid job To Repair It , They Are Tolf Not To Touch, It Aint The Gas Board No More Pal

Never Said Owt About Making People Sad On Xmas day, Why Should We Fix Other Peoples Bad WorkManship , It Aint Grid job To Repair It , They Are Tolf Not To Touch, It Aint The Gas Board No More Pal

That's what makes this country so great. That generousity of spirit, going the extra mile, doing your fellow man a good turn.

and when the tofo guy fixes it, he needs to check MI, ventilation gas supply pipe etc etc then get the blame for all the faults

and when the tofo guy fixes it, he needs to check MI, ventilation gas supply pipe etc etc then get the blame for all the faults

Exactly Thats Why They Dont Touch It
Dextrous It Must Be lovely To Work For Love

I'm surprised you're on here - giving out all this help and advice for free.

Im Not Clever Enough To Give Advice I Only ToFo . if Any Body Wants Out Fixing For Free Cos itl Only Take 5 Mins Ill make Sure I Give Them you're Name

actualy trasco have diffrent set acs quals to us so i do`nt think they be insured to do any work on restoring a supply to a cooker

Im Not Clever Enough To Give Advice I Only ToFo . if Any Body Wants Out Fixing For Free Cos itl Only Take 5 Mins Ill make Sure I Give Them you're Name

Sleep well, you 'orrible little man ;) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Anyway, that aside, any chance you could stop beginning every word you type with a capital letter?

actualy trasco have diffrent set acs quals to us so i do`nt think they be insured to do any work on restoring a supply to a cooker
Now that I can understand. Not doing someone a favour while you're already there and have identified the fault, I can't.

Guess that's why I'm just such a loved man :D

While these situations are hard, I do understand that Transco cant go round messing with things their not supposed to.
The amount of people now who would claim/take action against a 'friendly' engineer is quite large!

I'm a sparky but its the same situation.

I Will Sleep Very Well Its Not That Im Orrible Its Becouse Ive Learnt The Hard Way Not To Do Favours Cos Itl Bit You On The a**e
Either luckily or otherwise, it's not happened to me, yet:cool:
Anyway, that aside, any chance you could stop beginning every word you type with a capital letter? No Hows That For You

That's mightly kind of you sir :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back