Overloaded circuit - trips RCD

Sponsored Links
Yes I think all the sockets are on this RCD.
Well they shouldn't be and depending on the number of lighting circuits you have they should also be split across the board. Ideally F/F lights, Gd/F Sockets on same RCD and Gd/F lights, F/F sockets on the other RCD.
Then after that a logical thought process to divide the remaining loads up.
Which idiot did this rewire/CU install?
How much will it cost to reconfigure?
Would be difficult to say, without knowing if the cables need to jointed in the board of whether there is enough slack on them to move about.
You would also want to get the mixed breakers out and replace for the correct manufacturers brand.

I would be concerned over who fitted this board, did you get installation certificates and a building controls compliance notice?

Sponsored Links
Hmm.

You say that - do you know for sure I won't be able to find a photo of a split board with the RCDs at each end?

getmecoat.gif

I don't recall BG doing boards with RCCBs at either end, anyway looks to me that there is a second RCCB pictured and evidence in posting would suggest that is where the lights circuits are.

I believe this is what we would be looking at
ae235

yes you can see the part number on it, its the same as the rcd on the other end.
On the other end of the Ops picture yes. On the other end of the CU, I would say not, as this RCCB is nearer the middle of the CU.
Agreed. The important thing. surely, is confirmation that the OP's CU does, indeed, have two RCDs?

Kind Regards, John

There don't appear to be any of the stickers and labels I would expect to find on the board.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back